Linda Lee not only teaches you the ins and outs of the most popular free blogging platform on the planet, she will lead you in a hands-on application of your newfound skills to create your very own author blog.
She’ll even give you tips on content!
You must bring your wifi-enabled laptop because you’ll be creating your blog LIVE!
What you will learn:
- We will set up your WordPress website on the spot.
- If you already have a WordPress website, we will use that as we learn.
- You will learn how to write a post or page
- How to add keywords, tags and categories
- How to search engine optimize every post or page on your website
- How to work with images
- How to upload images and place them in your pages or posts
- How to work with sizes of images on your website
- How to add space and align your images
- You will set up a Gravatar account and your Gravatar image
- How to moderate comments and avoid spam
- Understanding the dashboard inside WordPress
- There will be a question and answer time block
- You will have access after class to videos going over everything we have learned
What people are saying about Linda Lee and her training:
“Linda Lee made it very easy to understand and follow what we learned.
This is great education and it helped me very much!”
“I found this training invaluable. I left with a WordPress website and I understood how to use the basics.
I has tried to learn on my own, but found it too confusing. Linda takes the complicated and makes it very easy to understand.”
“I finally got to build a website for my business. You made it so easy to understand and I walked out with a website and
the knowledge I needed to use it.”
“I am so glad I took this class. It was exactly what I was looking for. The follow up videos were very helpful to refresh what
I had already learned in the class. I also love my new website and I finally have a Gravatar when I leave comments online”.
Date: Sat April 21, 2012 Stanford University
Tresidder Memorial Union
459 Lagunita Dr | Stanford, CA 94305
Time: 9:00 am -12:00
Bring your computer, we will be working live
and we have Wifi access for all.
Coffee and morning snack provided
In the afternoon you can sign up for:
Stanford University Palo Alto, California
in partnership with San Francisco Writers University
a project of the non-profit San Francisco Writers Conference
Lately I’ve been doing a lot of one-on-one consulting with authors on self-publishing, and I can tell you that the dollars really add up. So save time and money in the learning process and avoid costly mistakes. The cost of this workshop gives you over $1000 worth of self-publishing guidance It’s worth your time and money. Promise! –Carla King
- Find your path from the many self-publishing options
– Budget: From free to fee, what’s worth paying for and what’s not
– How to find and work with editors, designers, and ebook formatters
– Self-publishing, partner-publishing, and getting a traditional book deal
– Develop a platform to successfully market and promote your book
– Book discovery: Websites, social media, and SEO for dummies
– Distribution possibilities for your ebook, print book, and book app
– Avoid common self-publishing pitfalls
- The latest print edition of Carla King’s Self-Publishing Boot Camp Guide for Authors, an easy-to-use, step-by-step guide under 100 pages with handy checklists to make sure you don’t forget to do anything.